Renaissance to Contemporary--Poetry Form, Subject, and Challenge
Macbeth--Background in History
Literary Criticism--A break between Act III and Act IV--Feb 2017
Macbeth Motif Project
- Choose one of the motifs we've discussed in class.
- Create a semantic map of the word used to refer to the motif like the class model-- "sleep."
- Search the play for references to the symbol, idea or concept.
- Assemble 10-12 quotes with proper act, scene and lines.
- Create a creative visual for display and arrange the quotes around it.
- Analyze the use of the motif using the quotes assembled.
- Present by posting to the blog for your class.
- Identify motif in the quote collection with a partner.
- Assemble a visual display of the motif--Use symbols, words and quotes with correct act, scene
and line notes.
- Write a short essay explaining the use of the motif in The Tragedy of Macbeth.
- How does the motif intensify one of the themes? How might it add to characterization in the tragedy?